Hello Kashi,

On 23  2014, at 06:20 , Shashi Kiran <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Hi Panagiotis,
>
>              I wanna a write a set of Rules for Iptables that should
>
> create a Script through Rails application So that i can use that script
> and
>
> use it in my server
>

> For example, the first thing that comes to mind is I think it would make
>
> sense to create our own iptables generator so that we can customize the
>
> firewall without relying on the individual knowledge of the
>
> engineer.
>
> I am trying with Ruby Iptable-Gem tool

System administration, computer security and programming are considered different fields due to their complexity.

What I don't understand is what kind of ruleset would you like a default rails server to have, apart from the security guide[1] (no mention of firewalls there), to be considered secure? Firewalls are operating a different layer and they can't understand malicious requests - except DOS - without a third party monitoring the logs and issuing commands.

[1] http://guides.rubyonrails.org/security.html