--Vt9v2b63Q9lCwFbGag4Abb6qHXPxIfMXa

Am 19.01.2014 03:13, schrieb Marc Heiler:
> So my question is - can I like install ruby on USB stick, with addons
> (gems, and my files) and have that working?

Yes. I did this once with the 7z files provided by the RubyInstaller
team, which do not have any hardcoded dependencies (not even registry
entries). As long as you set up the PATH environment variable correctly,
it should just work=E2=84=A2. I even combined it with the MSYS environmen=
t from
the MinGW project and Console2, so I had a pretty *nix-ish feeling on
Windows.

Vale,
Marvin

--=20
Blog: http://www.quintilianus.eu

I will reject HTML emails.     | Ich akzeptiere keine HTML-Nachrichten.

Use GnuPG for mail encryption: | GnuPG f=C3=BCr Mail-Verschl=C3=BCsselung=
:
http://www.gnupg.org           | http://gnupg.org/index.de.html

--Vt9v2b63Q9lCwFbGag4Abb6qHXPxIfMXa

--Vt9v2b63Q9lCwFbGag4Abb6qHXPxIfMXa--
Am 19.01.2014 03:13, schrieb Marc Heiler:
> So my question is - can I like install ruby on USB stick, with addons
> (gems, and my files) and have that working?

Yes. I did this once with the 7z files provided by the RubyInstaller
team, which do not have any hardcoded dependencies (not even registry
entries). As long as you set up the PATH environment variable correctly,
it should just work. I even combined it with the MSYS environment from

--
Blog: http://www.quintilianus.eu

I will reject HTML emails.     | Ich akzeptiere keine HTML-Nachrichten.

Use GnuPG for mail encryption: | GnuPG fr Mail-Verschlsselung:
http://www.gnupg.org           | http://gnupg.org/index.de.html