Hello Responders.
i am a beginner to ruby as well as to this forum too . i just did some
minor research about why RUBY ? why choose RUBY ? whats new in it.
Whenever i do type in a word RUBY in google search there comes a
suggestion like RUBY on RAILS . so my mind changed to learn stuffs about
ruby on rails.

I went through some forums but got the same answer from everyone. RUBY
ON RAILS is a web development FRAMEWORK . once again i learnt stuffs
about what a framework is. There are lot of questions which is u know
like itching my mind.Varieties of answer from everyone. i dont know
which is the right one.

first if anyone wish to give me a reply .. tell me solution for this.

just like java we run ruby programs in command prompt by moving to the
directory in cmd where ruby is installed.it is similar to java. so can
we create a desktop application by using it.i mean like a file searching
program which is default in windows . We can create the same file
searching program using java swing and playing with some string
functions isn't it?
can we do the same with ruby .? thats my first one.

i will raise doubts on ruby on rails after i get cleared about the above
question.