Today, I started to try to learn ruby. When I went to make my first
method, I kept receiving an error "undefined local variable or method."

I tried looking up how to make methods in Ruby online, so that I would
be sure its not my own fault. I copy pasted several examples into my
ide, all of which returned the same error.

I made a simple method (below) and I get the same error: <class:TEST>':
undefined local variable or method `greeter' for TEST:Class (NameError)

class TEST

  def greeter()
    puts 'Hi'
  end
  greeter

end

The built in ruby methods work fine. Is there something wrong with what
I'm doing?