Hi,

Judi Roy / Camile Hamel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is helpful in any way, but here is an URL re a summit
> on documentation: http://www.oreilly.com/frank/oscon_summit.html

I think we should track these developments. The title of the URL page is "Open
Source Convention Report on Open Documentation Summit".

Some brief quotes:

    <big snip>
"The major conclusion reached by attendees was to standardize on DocBook/XML as
the canonical format for open source documentation."
    <giant snip>
"Dan Mueth, of GNOME, hopes that such a set of [metadata] tags [from the Dublin
Core] will make it easier to implement a robust help system on open platforms,
one that will be able to find relevant documentation (help and man pages, FAQs,
HOWTOs, related documentation, and even information sources out on the
Internet."
    <giant snip>
"This project is off the ground; I hope that the open source groups that did
not send a representative will get involved after reading this report. Frank
Willison Editor-in-Chief, Technical Publishing O'Reilly & Associates."

--
Conrad Schneiker