Almost there.  It seems that using File.realdirpath almost works.

Dir.foreach("#{Dir.home}/.ANDROIDMUSIC/") { |entry| puts
File.realdirpath(entry, "#{music_source}") }

returns the correct path for each target of a symlink in the specified
directory, but it also returns the path of that directory and the path
of the directory from which the script is executed.  Anyone have
suggestions on how I can exclude those two entries?  I certainly don't
want to end up copying my entire home directory onto my phone by
accident.