tldr: Having trouble getting the target of symlinks within a specified
directory.

My apologies for a very newbish question here.
Background: As a learning exercise I want to write a program that will
sync folders between my desktop and my Android phone using `adb push`.
I know there are already apps that do this, but it seems a nice starter
project to learn something from.

I have a script that will create a hidden desktop directory for each
type of file to be synced (music, pictures, movies, etc).  I have a
script that will provide an entry on right click menus for "sync to
android" with sub-entries for each category.  This creates a symlink to
the selected file or directory in the "sync" directory.

Problem: adb push does not work with symlinks.  I need my "sync" script
to read over the symlinks in the sync directories and return the target
paths to `adb push`.  I have tried any number of ways to make this
happen and come up short.  Any assistance is needed.  Examples of things
that do not work below:

Pathname("/#{Dir.home}/.ANDROIDMUSIC").each_entry.realpath => 'foreach':
no block given (LocalJumpError)

Dir.foreach("/#{Dir.home}/.ANDROIDMUSIC") { |entry|
Pathname(entry).realpath } => in 'realpath': No such file or directory -
/current/directory/with_file_from_specified_directory_appended.mp3