Hi,

I am quite experienced into HTML+CSS+Javascript, but a total newbie
regarding Ruby, Rails, etc. As a web usability specialst/UX designer, I
usually  perform my rapid prototyping tasks using tools like Axure RP.
I'm willing to test a different approach, that would allow the CSS/HTML
to be (at least partially) reused by the front-end developer, and the
prototype to be used/tested directly on target devices. As I work on
mobile/tablet enabled applications, I'd like to try using Zurb's
Foundation framework.

I followed Ruby and Rails tutorials (some things are just amazing, like
the way database are accessed, some still sound weird but I guess it
would need more practicing), and started studying which Ruby gems I can
use. Rails seems to be too complicated for rapid prototyping ("rapid"
would not be true, I guess...), so it seems using a non-MVC framework,
able to generate static files (like MiddleMan) would be great.

I installed several (Haml, Sass, MiddleMan, Compass, Zurb-Foundation),
and followed the MiddleMan tutorial ('>middleman init testfoundation
--template=foundation-smacss'). But there, when I launch the server
(>middleman server). I get errors, due to lacking SCSS files
(normalize). I opened and changed some files, corrected the first
errors, but there are still other errors. I do not see the
Foundation-related files in the project. I'm pretty stuck! I feel I lack
some basic understanding about what are gems in Ruby, what makes them
available in a project (shall I add them in the config.rb or elsewhere
?). Any advices?

Best regards,
Yann