Excerpts from Mark K.'s message of 2013-12-21 16:07:29 +0100:
> Hi, I'm new to the list and new to ruby.  I have an data like so:
> stuff = [  { name: foo, tags: { one: blah, two: blah } }, etc ]
>
> I'm iterating like so:
> stuff.each do |h|
>         name = h[:name]
>         tags = h[:tags]
> end
>
> Is there a way to get the name value and the tags hash straight out of
> the .each that is less awkward than what I have?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm not sure what exactly you need. The following gives you a nested
array where each inner array has the name as first element and the tags
as second element. However, you still have to navigate this array.

stuff.map{|h| [h[:name], h[:tags]]}

In your example, this would give:

[[:foo, {one: blah, two: blah}, ...]

If this doesn't help, I think you'll need to tell us more about what you
want to achieve.

Stefano