Am 19.12.2013 11:36, schrieb Love U Ruby:
> In Ruby how would I test if the date is `ISO 8601` type or not ?

> require 'date'
> Looking for a method say `#date_type`, which will tell us what kind of
> date object it is.
>
> Date.today.date_type # => 'ISO 8601'

That doesn't make any sense. ISO 8601 is about date representations,
which has nothing to do with how a date is stored in a Date object.
Not the date object itself does or does not conform to ISO 8601,
only a string that represents the date can do that.

> Date.today.strftime("%V") # => "51"
> Date.today.strftime("%U") # => "50"

No idea what you are trying to say with this example.
"%V" and "%U" are different things -- they use different ways
of how to count weeks in a year (see the docs) --,
and not surprisingly can therefore give different results.

Regards,
Marcus

--
GitHub: https://github.com/stomar/