@Matthew Kerwin, Thanks for this response.  I am going to try to read
your response for a bit and try to understand it more.  I may respond
back later with questions though.  Also, thanks for the git file to look
at your answer, lol :).  I will also try to read that and understand it
when I have a bit more time.

@anglea, people are recommending you respond in another thread for a
good reason and it is understandable why they are making this request.
It does sidetrack the original thread and you won't get as many answers
because people didn't come to this thread seeking to answer your
question.  It's not saying your question is a bad question.  It is just
saying that you may get more responses by making a separate thread.
Also, having two "conversations" going on in the same thread can confuse
things and needlessly complicate them.  I would agree with the other
poster in saying that it would probably be more helpful if you started a
new thread with that question (again, just so you can get a better
response and also because it can sidetrack a thread if a million side
topics are going on in it).