Subject: How to use sqlite3 UPDATE command correctly in ruby program
	Date: mer 18 dic 13 02:19:25 +0100

Quoting Mike Vezzani (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> When I run this program, and try the 'Loan a book to someone' choice, I
> get an error when:
>
> $db.execute("UPDATE books SET loanedTo=? WHERE title = ?",
> person_borrowing_book, book_to_loan)
>
> tries to run. Any thoughts as to why this is? I've included my code in
> this post.

Rather than attaching the scripts, you should have copy-and-pasted the
exact error message that you get.

There are some database access libraries that expect that you pass
multiple parameters to SQL commands as an array:

$db.execute("UPDATE books SET loanedTo=? WHERE title = ?",
[person_borrowing_book,book_to_loan])

This *might* be your problem.

Carlo