Subject: Re: mixing types of arguments
	Date: lun 16 dic 13 06:58:29 +0100

Quoting Gandalf Fladnag (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> There is the following sensible rule: it should always be possible to
> assign to any parameter.
> That's pretty natural to me, but maybe this is subjective and it would
> make Ruby less intuitive.

Note that, since 2.0, Ruby allows named arguments. At the expense of
having to type a little bit more, you are given much more flexibility
wrt argument passing. I started using this feature a few months ago,
and surely there are cases when it is a godsend.

There are several articles about this feature online. For example:

http://ruby.about.com/od/beginningruby/ss/Keyword-Arguments.htm

Carlo