On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM, abdul hussain <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I have been learning ruby for the last couple of days and have found it
> great so far, I come from a Java background so many concepts and even
> some of the syntax sticks. What's troubling me is that there are no
> highly active Ruby forums or community that I can join as this is
> something that really helped me learn Java as a beginner, also since I'm
> new to the language I am unsure of what kind of projects I can get into
> to help me progress.
>
> The following project list is what I am using as a project guide to aide
> me in my Java:
>
> http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/78802-martyr2s-mega-project-ideas-list/
>
> And I use many Java forums to aide me along the way.
>
> Is there some sort of alternative in Ruby?
>
> Can anyone please advise me as I feel really frustrated.
>
> --
others.

Lots of rubyists are also tweeters.

The #ruby IRC channel on freenode.net is also quite full and interactive.

I don't know of web forums, as that is a medium I cannot stand working in.

Stackoverflow has a large number of ruby-related questions and a lot of
people willing to answer questions as well.

Github is chock full of ruby projects -- it seems to be the defacto
location for rubyists.

But for real community, there's probably nothing better than a local ruby
users group.