Hey guys!

Im looking at ruby for 6 months now.
I would describe my level of Ruby knowledge as "middle".
Knowing metaprogramming and such stuff...

Now i thought the next step to be a better rubyist and general
programmer
would be to understand the core under the hood.

In MRI C, Rubinius C++, JRuby Java and so on.
I chose MRI and Rubinius, because i think looking at MRI's Core so get a
better C Knowledge will help me afterwards for understanding Rubinius
Core which is written mostly in C++.

I don't want to start a discussion whats better C or C++ first.
I have just a little C knowledge for now (knowing what structures,
unions, pointers and so on are)

Is there a good Documentation or Book (or whatever :D) to get or should
i look right into the core files and ask in this forum whenever i got an
question :)

For example. First Question
Saw that VALUE "type" in most ruby c files and wondering what it is
I just can imagine it is an struct or union?

Best Greetings Benny :)