On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Jason Kaye wrote:

> Ah sorry, didn't mean I was going to dual-boot iOS. Just trying to figure
> out if dual-booting. I only mentioned iOS because I keep hearing that is
> the OS that Ruby devs prefer. My comfort level is in the negatives haha.
> Any recommendations on where to start reading up on running a Linux VM?

Last time I saw Matz presenting, he was still using Linux for all his
development work.

For desktop use, I recommend VirtualBox.  Grab an iso of your preferred
Linux and mount it as a virtual CD in VirtualBox.  I know folks who
recommend Linux Mint very highly.  I've been running KUbuntu on my netbook
for over 3 years with good results and all my other systems run CentOS.
Ubuntu or Mint are probably your best choices

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.