Subject: Re: Passing script input as method args always global?
	Date: mer 13 nov 13 01:05:47 +0000

Quoting gvim (gvimrc / gmail.com):

> I understand where you're coming from but for me arithmetic
> operators implemented as objects is just plain back-to-front and
> goes half way to explaining why my x = x + 1 didn't behave as
> expected. Even worse when those operators can be overridden.

I am not sure you know where I come from ;-)

Anyway, if you want to gain the advantage that OO gives, you must
learn to consider everything that happens to your things as methods
applied to objects. Once you do that, things will start to make more
sense, I hope.

In Ruby, arithmetic operators are implemented as methods because there
is no other way.

PS in a previous mail I wrote

> A haiku may be this one:

I apologize to the many Japanese readers of this list: I meant

> A koan may be this one:

Carlo