On Nov 12, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Maxy Faxy <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Any advice as to how I should format a GPA program I am making. You =
have
> the user input how many classes they take, then you ask for their =
grade
> percentages, then you convert them to grade points and calculate the
> average.

Is this just a command-line script, or is it going to be a simple web =
application? Because the way you=92d do the user interface would be =
fairly different.

Even so, doing the wise things about separations of concerns is still =
important in a command-line script as it is in a web applicaiton, so I =
would make gathering input, storing or persisnting user information if =
desired, calculating results, and reporting results separate. I=92d want =
to understand if I need external storage for persistence or if the =
information is just for the life of the script only. I would look at how =
to gather the input from the user, and in what ways I could make the =
easy for them, and I=92d look at how a user would prefer to see their =
GPA.

Breaking things into classes and modules will help keep concerns =
separated, and have a bevy of tests to show things working at any point =
during the development.

But that=92s how I=92d do it.