On Nov 11, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Tamara.
> How are you? I hope you feel good.
> Excuse me, Can you reply my previous email?
>=20

I did.

<tamouse.lists / gmail.com> wrote:
> No. You completely misconstrued my point.
>=20
> A *specific* language, technology, etc, that is  currently seeing =
quite a bit of good use is never going to be a waste of time to learn. =
You say you don=92t like to learn a language that will be destroyed in =
the future. There is no such language yet. All computer languages build =
on each other. A fair bit of what you see in Javascript appeared first =
in Algol 60 (that=92s right, in 1960) and through evolution has come to =
be what it is, picking up from C and other languages. Similarly, Ruby =
has been built on concepts first explored in Lisp (1959) and SmallTalk =
(1972). Understanding any language today will pay off in learning new =
languages in the future.
>=20
> If you do not wish to learn Ruby, no one is going to make you. But I=92m=
 not going to tell you it=92s not worth it.
>=20
> It is *also* worth it to learn Javascript, Coffeescript, and about =
technologies like node.js.
>=20
> But if you want to be guaranteed anything, then the only thing I can =
say there is to look to Java, which is still over 40% of the web =
application development.
>=20
> Your move.
>=20
> On Nov 10, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon / yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Hello Tamara.
> > How are you?
> > Thanks very much for understand my concern and as you said, My =
concern is about the future. I don't like to learn a language that =
destroy in the future.=20
> > Excuse me, Can I talk to you on Gtalk?
> > Can you tell me about your degree and background?
> >=20
> > Thanks.
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:49 AM, Tamara Temple =
<tamouse.lists / gmail.com> wrote:
> >=20
> > On Nov 9, 2013, at 9:33 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon / yahoo.com> wrote:
> >=20
> > > Hello Rubyist.
> > > Will ruby die in the future? We have some new technologies like =
Node.js and angular but how ruby can challenge them?
> > >=20
> > > Cheers.
> >=20
> >=20
> > Yes, no, maybe, probably not.
> >=20
> > Ruby challenges both Javascript and Coffeescript by being a joy to =
write in. Node.js itself is likely to be overtaken by something else, as =
it=92s just a bit clunky.
> >=20
> > But, really, why are you asking this question? If you are concerned =
about relevancy of learning a language down the road, you are entirely =
missing the point. Learn as many languages as you can, including old =
ones, current ones, and new ones. Learn all the different approaches to =
programming languages, procedural, functional and object-oriented.