No. You completely misconstrued my point.

A *specific* language, technology, etc, that is  currently seeing quite =
a bit of good use is never going to be a waste of time to learn. You say =
you don=92t like to learn a language that will be destroyed in the =
future. There is no such language yet. All computer languages build on =
each other. A fair bit of what you see in Javascript appeared first in =
Algol 60 (that=92s right, in 1960) and through evolution has come to be =
what it is, picking up from C and other languages. Similarly, Ruby has =
been built on concepts first explored in Lisp (1959) and SmallTalk =
(1972). Understanding any language today will pay off in learning new =
languages in the future.

If you do not wish to learn Ruby, no one is going to make you. But I=92m =
not going to tell you it=92s not worth it.

It is *also* worth it to learn Javascript, Coffeescript, and about =
technologies like node.js.

But if you want to be guaranteed anything, then the only thing I can say =
there is to look to Java, which is still over 40% of the web application =
development.

Your move.

On Nov 10, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Tamara.
> How are you?
> Thanks very much for understand my concern and as you said, My concern =
is about the future. I don't like to learn a language that destroy in =
the future.=20
<tamouse.lists / gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Nov 9, 2013, at 9:33 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon / yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Hello Rubyist.
> > Will ruby die in the future? We have some new technologies like =
Node.js and angular but how ruby can challenge them?
> >=20
> > Cheers.
>=20
>=20
> Yes, no, maybe, probably not.
>=20
> Ruby challenges both Javascript and Coffeescript by being a joy to =
write in. Node.js itself is likely to be overtaken by something else, as =
it=92s just a bit clunky.
>=20
> But, really, why are you asking this question? If you are concerned =
about relevancy of learning a language down the road, you are entirely =
missing the point. Learn as many languages as you can, including old =
ones, current ones, and new ones. Learn all the different approaches to =
programming languages, procedural, functional and object-oriented.