Jason Long wrote in post #1126816:
> Hello Rubyist.
> Will ruby die in the future? We have some new technologieslike Node.js
> and angular but how ruby can challenge them?
>
> Cheers.

Ruby is a general program,so it can do a lot of things not just in web
development.

But i feel the ruby community had paid too much attention on web
development.
Many people like to compare ruby with python. Yes, ruby has a lot of
fancy feature. But python has won the game in research field. MIT had
switched from Scheme to Python to teach SICP. Why MIT does not pick up
ruby?

From linux system point of view, perl and python still have a big role.

I am a bioinformatics programmer. Everbody around me suggest me use
python or perl, even R. But i still pick up ruby. The sitution is i
always pay more time to develop a wheel that python and perl already be
ready before.
I can't enjoy the advantage in development.

I like ruby , i don't want to see it die. I hope someboy could pay a
little attention on other field, not just in web development.

felix chang