Eric Christopherson wrote in post #1126028:
> I haven't used this in several years, but the tk_as_gem gem used to work
> add Tk to an existing Ruby.

Indeed, the gem exists, but installation fails:

tcltklib.c: In function 'lib_eventloop_core':
tcltklib.c:1995: error: 'CHECK_INTS' undeclared (first use in this
function)

(same error on Linux and Mac). Seems that the implementation is broken.
The code part in question looks a bit like unfinished work:

#ifdef RUBY_USE_NATIVE_THREAD
        /* if (update_flag == 0) CHECK_INTS; */ /*XXXXXXXXXXXXX  TODO
!!!! */
#else
        if (update_flag == 0) CHECK_INTS;
#endif

Actually, CHECK_INTS isn't defined anywhere, so I guess tests had been
usually done with RUBY_USE_NATIVE_THREAD being set and the error did not
show up.

I wonder whether it is safe to just remove this section from the code.
Or should I for the safe side contact the supporters of this gem?