--- Lothar Scholz <llothar / web.de> wrote:

> >> I use is
> >>
> >> Sorry but this will never be possible with scripting languages.
> >
> >But it's already been done with, for example, ECMAScript in Microsoft's
> >Visual Studio.
>
> I never tried this (until now :-) but it will never be as useable as
> the JBuilder (or any other strong typed language IDE) help.
> JavaScript with its classless object oriented implementation is really
> the worst case for an IDE. You can only offer all methods defined in
> this system.

VisualWorks Smalltalk has an auto-complete package.  I grant you that the
implementation may not be as straight forward as in a language where the types
are declared, but using something like Haskell's or ML's type inference system
could make this possible.

The point is "never say, never."

Wilkes Joiner