It looks like I've been misunderstood. I don't intend to annoy customers
or trying to protect code with DRM, serials or other obtrusive ways.
I'm trying to protect algorithms our code contains to prevent misuse by
other subject that would simply copy & paste from our sources and with
slight modifications would sell it as its own. You can raise an
objection there are laws & lawyers that can protect us however in our
country it's a very long, complicated and expensive process with an
unclear result, during such period we would either lose incomes or even
bankrupt.

You can admit we were chosen a wrong tool for our task (offline, localy
installed ruby application) but in our team we are most experienced with
rails and ruby and their standard libraries.