On 10/02/2013 06:58 PM, Stu wrote:
> You can make your own, ultimately you'll grok reverse engineering as well.

There is also RubyEncoder:

http://www.rubyencoder.com/

It's not free nor have I personally used it, so I can't vouch for it.
It claims to do what you want and more though.

BTW, this is exactly like DRM.  You're giving people something of value
locked in a safe (your encoded software) as well as the instructions for
how to get it out (the decoder and interpreter).  This will really only
prevent casual inspection of your code.  Don't trust it with any code of
significant value.  If game companies and movie studios can't truly
solve this problem, what hope do you have? ;-)

-Jeremy