ARCTOS Consulting is a company of Recruitment, Training and Consultancy
in personnel.

We are a highly specialized company not only with great human resources
expertise developed over the last thirty years, but also employing young
consultants who are highly trained in state-of-the-art technologies.
Since we have very little administration our costs can be kept to a
minimum whilst providing maximum quality of service.

Our client is a modern successful German company providing web services.

Their Data Science Team is responsible for turning data into services
within the company. Data scientists, architects and developers work
together to create highly scalable solutions to serve their users.

Position:

The Data Science Team offers an open position for a Senior Front-End
Engineer with strong Ruby on Rails development skills (m/f) in order to
be responsible for the front-end of our search services and additional
data services developed in the group on top of our infrastructure stack
(e.g., ElasticSearch, Hadoop, etc.). That implies not only to fully
understand and use the data services developed in the team, but also to
align with User Experience teams as well as to perform A/B tests in
order to improve the overall user satisfaction.

Their team is looking for a motivated and experienced Front-End Engineer
with strong Ruby on Rails development skills that wants to work with the
latest technologies in an international environment (our team has people
from 9 different nationalities!) and with extremely challenging goals.

What we are looking for:

    Solid programming experience of modern Web 2.0 front-ends using
JavaScript and AJAX
    Assurance of cross-browser compatibility
    Awesome (X)HTML and CSS skills
    Motivated and experienced Ruby developer and front-end engineer
    Solid experience in writing Rails code
    You like to stay on the cutting edge of web application development
    Experience with Git or other version control system
    Proficient English speaking in a working environment (Germanlanguage not required)

Desirable / Interesting:

    Experience with Search Engines such as SolR or ElasticSearchis a
plus
    Contribution to open source projects
    SQL-Knowledge (MySQL is a plus)
    Experience with Java or Scala
    Working knowledge of agile software development (e.g., Scrum,
Kanban)

What we offer:

    Office in the heart of Hamburg
    Young, experienced and dynamic working environment
    An international team (currently we have people from 9 different
nationalities!)
    Latest technologies and working on large, distributed, asynchronous
architectures
    Working on a high availability, high performance, high traffic
website with more than 13 million users
    We use Open Source software wherever possible and we contribute
back
    Mobile device of your choice (mobile or tablet)
    Free fruits, water and coffee
    German/English classes at our office
    Regular team events and off-sites, and lots of fun besides work
    And last but not least: extremely challenging goals!

To find more information and apply click here:
http://service.joberate.com/redirect/url/ca8b-d4-8a-68-dfbf43