Don't ask me where I was with the head in but...
I couldn't resist the tempation of doing another (in zilions) tic tac
toe game (in Ruby).
(next time I'll try to take a breath, relax and do something more "productive").

I did it as an exercise because I found your code hard to follow.

My try was more "object oriented" (be whatever it means).
I've based some fragments on your code.

https://github.com/abinoam/tic_tac_toe

Well... just tell me something...
Are you trying to follow this code here?
http://www.jisaacks.com/ruby-tutorial-make-a-tic-tac-toe-game

Too much sleepy to go on improving the code.

Abinoam Jr.