Hi,

Schneiker wrote:

# I noticed that my comp.lang.ruby post garbled "Goedel's" name (the "oe"
# originally being an umlaut-o character) beyond recognition by the time it
# got back to me from ruby-lang mail list. I noticed that in the ruby-lang
# mail list archive, there was an intermediate level of garbling into
# "Gel's".  I'm sure some people are going to be wondering what Gel's
# theorems were. (I should have added "incompleteness", but in the spirit of
# his theorems, I inadvertently left it out. :-)
#
# Well, as a test, this is Gel's name (with the umlaut-o character), being
# sent to the mail list first this time.

Well, it looks like stuff works fine in the mail-list to comp.lang.ruby
direction. So lets try the other direction one more time from a different
browser on a different link and see how this works.

Each successive line below will have an additional letter of the umlaut-o
version of "Goedel's":

1 G
2 G
3 G
4 Ge
5 Gel
6 Gel'
7 Gel's

Conrad