On Sep 5, 2013, at 7:26 AM, Paul Darragh <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> tamouse m. wrote in post #1120716:
>> On Sep 4, 2013, at 11:54 AM, Paul Darragh <lists / ruby-forum.com> =
wrote:
>>=20
>>> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>> "It isn't working" isn't really very descriptive. What errors are you
>> getting?
>=20
> The problem is I am not seeing any errors besides that it is not=20
> running. I can see in syslog that it runs it.

So you see in syslog that it runs. But you somehow detect that it's not =
running, which I assume means you can't see the effect from it.

Are you getting an email from cron with any job output at all?

Given your crontab:

PATH=3D"$HOME/bin:$PATH"
* * * * * /usr/bin/ruby /home/salinn/dev/ruby/webmail/script.rb

You should be seeing an email with the combined stdout/stdin from that =
job showing up once a minute. If not, change it to something like:

PATH=3D"$HOME/bin:$PATH"
* * * * * /usr/bin/ruby /home/salinn/dev/ruby/webmail/script.rb >> =
$HOME/webmailscript.log 2>&1

to ensure you're getting the output, if any.

You might add a cron job that is simply:

* * * * * set > $HOME/crontab-env.txt 2>&1

to see the environment your cronjob is actually running in. After that =
cronjob runs, the file should appear in your home directory. You can =
remove the cronjob after that. Inspect the environment, see if there's =
anything missing you need.