Hi,

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:04091] 'each' and 'in'"
>     on 00/07/17, hal9000 / hypermetrics.com <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:
>
> |For an instant I thought Ruby was reading my mind...
> |if Matz can do that, it IS a powerful language!
>
> That just means YOU have read MY mind and followed me, probably
> unconsciously.  It surprised me that there're so many people looking
> into my mind.
>
>   For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed;
>   neither hid, that shall not be known.         - Luke 12:2
>
>                                                         matz.

Maybe you are not a mathematician, but I think you certainly have the spirit of
a mathematician, for your quote reminds me of the bold inscription on the
tombstone of the great Hilbert, which is (roughly translated): "We must know, we
shall know."

Which in turn wasn't too far from Gel's view, who thought (contrary to common
presumptions) that the sort of limitations revealed by his eponymic theorems
could be overcome by using intensional rather than extensional logic.

--
Conrad Schneiker