<rubytalk2dave / davearonson.com> wrote:
>> One question though: if it's multiple lines, your gem will uppercase
>> the first char of every line.  Was that your intent?  If not, you can
>> use \A instead of ^.
>=20
> Actually, I had no thoughts around multiple lines at all. It's an =
interesting question which way to go with that. Maybe I should offer an =
option?

Well, after consulting with my grammarian pals, I have a new concern. =
The multi-line thing is not really the issue, per se (except that I =
should not assume a new line begins a sentence). The issue is what to do =
after certain punctuation marks:

- sentence ending marks: capitalize next letter
- certain fragment ending marks such as the colon, dash, and so on: =
capitalize next letter, maybe? (i.e. what follows is considered a =
subtitle). Example: "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That =
Can't Stop Talking" =97 the current implementation would render the =
"The" following that colon in lower case. Clearly incorrect.

Let's not even get started with I18n issues=85=20