Dave,

I have a couple of questions:

1. You used .upcase!, and maybe you were just providing an example, but
doesn't that make every letter capital, not just the 1st one? Wouldn't
.capitalize! be more appropriate?

2. If I am not mistaken, I believe the square brackets refer to an
array.  My intention for the program to react with a varying amount of
words at a time.

3. I read your blog post, and if I understand the bang(!) correctly it
actually modifies the string of text for the entire method. In this
context, using the ! for capitalize would modify the array so that every
value passed through would be capitalized. This is why you said the
.capitalize comes before the .split, because if it were the other way
around you would only capitalize the 1st word.  Correct?

I also understood your metaphor and understand what you are saying, in
terms of attacking each obstacle one at a time in order to create
something. I am fairly new to this, and really appreciate your