Are you determined to use soap5r? I've had nothing but success (except =
my own errors) with Savon. That said, I really don't know what's going =
on here.


On Aug 26, 2013, at 4:00 PM, pt pt <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Trying my hand at Ruby.
>=20
>=20
> Sanitized source:
> ------------  cut here  ------------
> require 'soap/rpc/driver'
>=20
> # I assume the following URL works... browsing to it returns:
> #     You must use a POST request to get answer from gsoap !
> #     see WebWare gsoap ISAPI module documentation.
>=20
> endpoint =3D 'http://*SERVER*/gsoap/gsoap_ssl.dll?sbmappservices72'
> namespace =3D 'I have no idea what a namespace is for...'
> proxy =3D SOAP::RPC::Driver.new(endpoint)
>=20
> ------------  cut here  ------------
> Output:
> C:\temp\RM7021-VMx\VM2>ruby learning_Ruby_2.rb
> DL is deprecated, please use Fiddle
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/streamH=
andler.rb:146:in
> `initialize': uninitialized constant SOAP::HTTPStreamHandler::Version
> (NameError)
>        from
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/streamH=
andler.rb:141:in
> `new'
>        from
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/streamH=
andler.rb:141:in
> `create'
>        from
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/rpc/pro=
xy.rb:220:in
> `initialize_streamhandler'
>        from
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/rpc/pro=
xy.rb:52:in
> `initialize'
>        from
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/rpc/dri=
ver.rb:87:in
> `new'
>        from
> =
C:/PROGRA~2/Ruby200/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/soap5r-2.0.3/lib/soap/rpc/dri=
ver.rb:87:in
> `initialize'
>        from learning_Ruby_2.rb:13:in `new'
>        from learning_Ruby_2.rb:13:in `<main>'
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Ruby:
> ruby 2.0.0p195 (2013-05-14) [i386-mingw32]
>=20
> I've installed DevKit "DevKit-mingw64-32-4.7.2-20130224-1151-sfx.exe"
> and followed (as closely as possible)
> "https://gist.github.com/remomueller/5027829".  I updated the existing
> gems and installed soap5r
>=20
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>=20
> bigdecimal (1.2.1, 1.2.0)
> httpclient (2.3.4.1, 2.1.5.2)
> io-console (0.4.2)
> json (1.8.0, 1.7.7)
> minitest (5.0.6, 4.3.2)
> psych (2.0.0)
> rake (10.1.0, 0.9.6)
> rdoc (4.0.1, 4.0.0)
> soap5r (2.0.3)
> test-unit (2.5.5, 2.0.0.0)
>=20
> --=20
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.