This is a newbie question so please excuse me, I have been working with
rails, but this is the first time i am trying to require gems from a
heroku app that does not include rails - just a plain Ruby app. ok I
have a app.rb file looking like this:

require "sinatra"
require 'koala'
require 'action_mailer'
ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp
ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
   :address   => "smtp.sendgrid.net",
   :port      => 587,
   :domain    => "MYDOMAIN",
   :authentication => :plain,
   :user_name      => "USER_NAME",
   :password       => "PASSWORD",
   :enable_starttls_auto => true
  }
ActionMailer::Base.view_paths= File.dirname(__FILE__)

class TestMailer < ActionMailer::Base

  default :from => "MY_EMAIL"

  def welcome_email
    mail(:to => "MY_EMAIL", :subject => "Test mail", :body => "Test mail
body")
What I would like to do is run

TestMailer::deliver_test_email
in the console and get the details or run

TestMailer::deliver_test_email.deliver
to send a test email

but all i get is :

NameError: uninitialized constant Object::TestMailer
I have included actionmailer in the Gemfile and its also in the
Gemfile.lock

I am sure it is something straight forward for an experienced Ruby dev,
but I am struggling could anyone help me please?

Thanks