Thank you, Hassan and Robert.

Here is a bit more info on my question. I'm preparing an analysis of
information requirements for a specific company which would in fact
result in a sort of a blueprint for an ERP application for this micro
scale company. I'd like for this analysis to be a plausible blueprint
for programming if so decided and not just something theoretical. I
won't be programming it myself as this is far beyond my experience and
knowledge.

So far I've used PStore and YAML::Store in my smaller learning apps. For
this ERP I think I need to choose something different though. Again, I
need the theoretical blueprint which can be used in practice.

Furthermore, I've just realized if this would be executed in a web app,
Rails is most probably the answer and as such ActiveRecord is in place.

So far I've analyzed the organizational and other structures as well as
the business processes of the company. Based on that I now need to move
to the system requirements and data modeling. And I'm stuck here because
of the OODBMS question. My fear is that if I go with pure object
modeling supposing the OODBMS it wouldn't be executable in practice.

regards,
seba