Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the object oriented database and object
oriented database management systems with regards to Ruby.

My question is this: is there a pure object oriented database and
management system to use with Ruby or is a common practice to use the
ORM to interface with relational databases?

I need to design data models for an application as a part of my thesis
and I wanted to go object oriented in all aspects.

I would really appreciate if someone can shed some light on the subject
or suggest some reading. I've been reading online and in books about it,
but I'm experiencing the "more I read the less I know" effect:(

It comes down to the question whether it is possible to use in practice
Ruby with OODB and OODBMS without an ORM. If that is not possible I
should probably go from pure object data model to object relational data
model design...

Thank you for your help.

kind regards,
seba