On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM, gotostereo .. <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I organized output to the console, but made it quite inconvenient, the
> screen is cleared, get the data, and so the loop. Is it possible to
> update only the place that changed the meaning. The problem I have is
> that the data received from the Internet, and not very fast. It turns
> out that the passes clear the screen, the screen is empty, after a few
> seconds of data is displayed, it is not convenient.

The easiest solution seem to be not to mix data retrieval and display.  If
you first retrieve all the data before you do the clear and output the
screen should be blank for only a few milliseconds.

A more complex solution would involve checking the data and using something
like ncurses to write data at specific positions on the screen.  Even then
you might want to separate retrieval from screen updates.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/