Hi Tom

The Z shell aka zsh is the "last shell you'll ever need"... It's a Bourne
compatible Korn shell clone with c shell emulation modes and very good tab
completion mechanisms which exceeds tcsh tab completion. If your unsure
what that is you can simply ignore it as rvm does not depend on it. If your
interested in what rvm needs to enable it to function properly they have it
well documented on it's main website. If you run into issues with rvm
consider for the moment that it's merely a convenience tool. You have the
freedom to grab the ruby sources and build your own binaries as well which
by understanding how PATH works you can fully grasp how the environment
functions as well as how to manipulate it towards your needs. None the less
I would highly recommend looking into rvmrc for your projects which is one
way that rvm helps with freezing ruby patch/versions for production.

~Stu