rubyhacker / gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> Thought I might as well announce this "officially" as many people
> know it already.
>
> The ink is dry on the contract, and I am working on a second edition
> of _The Ruby Way_. Expect to see it second quarter of 2006.
>
> To summarize: About 100 pages deleted, about 250 pages added.
> Updated from 1.6.8 to 1.8.4 (or thereabout).

"100 pages deleted": does this mean Rb vs. perl/python sections are
expendable? I can understand, these entail a *lot* of research, &
recently there's been an explosion of R vs. p/p/java/smalltalk/lisp
blogs which can be collected on 'Ruby eye for python guy' or some
wiki.

The part of Way r.1 that's most valuable to me today is the "Things to
remember" list on pages 45+