wouldn't it be nice if...

there was an assert_html_equal method that striped each line and
normalized the return charectors

and

gave you a diff with the error when the test failed?

so that different indentions would be equal, and instead of

expected:<"blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblaahblah">
but was:<"blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah">

we get something like:
diff: <line 1:55 -- "a" >
expected:<"blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblaahblah">
but was:<"blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah">

Once I figure out how to do something like this, I'll post the code
:-)

~ Patrick