On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:00:06AM +0900, Mitch Vincent wrote:
> That [BUG] in the error I got was odd - where did that come from?
>
> Is there anything I can do to see what might be causing the segfault? It's
> hard to keep running that script over and over since it bring the database
> server to it's knees (not hard to do with this server...)

It can mean that:

1) There is a bug in an extension you are using.  This seems likely to
   me.  If you want to find out exactly where the bug is, then you can
   run gdb (or your favorite debugger) on the ruby interpreter.

2) There is a bug in the Ruby interpreter.  If this is the case, you
   need to write a small test program (should be the smallest possible
   program that demonstrates the problem) and post a bug report
   (instructions at http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/ruby-bugs).

3) You have your stack size set too low, and Ruby is running out of
   stack space.

I think there might be a few more less likely possibilities, but I can't
think of what they are at the moment.

Hope this helps,

Paul