Darryl Pierce wrote in post #1117038:
> How does additional indentation rather than using braces make for less
> typing or more compact code? It would seem to me to be the opposite,
> using spaces to define a code block makes for longer source files. I'm
> talking about the code that *I* write, as opposed to the code that's
> generated by some code processor.

Well, have you used haml before?  It is the same thing; instead of
writing all the HTML tags, you used some convention, and the convention
is based on indentation besides other things.  I think the proponents of
indentation (and the removal of "end" keyword) want a different way to
input the code, but the end result is the same.  Just like haml code
will be transformed to HTML code, the proponents want to be able to
write

  if condition
    exec1
    exec2
  exec3

and it will be transformed to

  if condition
    exec1
    exec1
  end
  exec3

Of course, the original syntax is still there, and a person can choose
which method to input the code, probably with different file suffix if
the end keyword is to be made optional.  I proposed this in 2002 and I
created for myself a simple translator.

>> We can
>> also think about Groovy and Java, and to different extent, Dart and
>> JavaScript.
>
> Can you explain this part to me, please?

Groovy and Java are fundamentally the same, because all Groovy code will
be compiled to JVM.  But in Groovy a lot of things are optional, such
as declaration of variables, so the code is more concise.  Similarly,
all Dart code will be translated to JavaScript code.  You can just
Google Groovy and Dart to get more information.

Best regards,

Bill