Traditional Ruby requires more writing? I don't think so. A large portion
of text editors (Vim, ST2, TM) automatically plop an end every time you
type a def, begin, do, etc. So in terms of efficiency I don't see the
point. That and missing/improper indents could possibly break your code,
meaning that if you had a way of making it more readable, that consisted of
adjusting the indentation, it could break your code.

I like python, a lot, it's just not ruby, and ruby is why I sleep well at
night.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM, <sto.mar / web.de> wrote:

> Am 29.07.2013 16:55, schrieb Admin Tensor:
> > Darryl Pierce wrote in post #1117018:
> >>
> >> To what advantage?
>
> > Well, the most obvious are less typing and very compact code.
>
> Actually, readability is more important to me. And "more compact"
> doesn't necessarily mean "more readable". Also, I could easily
> reduce typing effort by using one-letter variable names, but I don't.
>
> > We can
> > also think about Groovy and Java, and to different extent, Dart and
> > JavaScript.
>
> Those languages add much more, compared to simply replacing do...end
> by indentation.
>
> Regards,
> Marcus
>

> --
> GitHub: https://github.com/stomar/
> PGP:    0x6B3A101A

--=20
*Richard Wilson*
Sechelt Innovations
Cell - (604) 842 5318
Skype - r.crawfordwilson
Email - r.crawfordwilson / gmail.com

=93*This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If y=
ou
are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the information contained on this
email is prohibited=94.*