Am 29.07.2013 16:55, schrieb Admin Tensor:
> Darryl Pierce wrote in post #1117018:
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 03:39:02PM +0900, Juha K. wrote:
>>> Why not go coffeescript style and create a preprocessor gem that
>>> compiles indent-aware ruby into ruby? Shouldn't be too big effort.
>>
>> To what advantage?

> Well, the most obvious are less typing and very compact code.

Actually, readability is more important to me. And "more compact"
doesn't necessarily mean "more readable". Also, I could easily
reduce typing effort by using one-letter variable names, but I don't.

> We can
> also think about Groovy and Java, and to different extent, Dart and
> JavaScript.

Those languages add much more, compared to simply replacing do...end
by indentation.

Regards,
Marcus

--