--65ImJOski3p8EhYV

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:55:05PM +0900, Admin Tensor wrote:
> Darryl Pierce wrote in post #1117018:
> > On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 03:39:02PM +0900, Juha K. wrote:
> >> Why not go coffeescript style and create a preprocessor gem that
> >> compiles indent-aware ruby into ruby? Shouldn't be too big effort.
> >
> > To what advantage?
>=20
> Well, the most obvious are less typing and very compact code.=20

How does additional indentation rather than using braces make for less
typing or more compact code? It would seem to me to be the opposite,
using spaces to define a code block makes for longer source files. I'm
talking about the code that *I* write, as opposed to the code that's
generated by some code processor.

> We can
> also think about Groovy and Java, and to different extent, Dart and
> JavaScript.

Can you explain this part to me, please?=20

--=20
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce / gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/
"What do you care what people think, Mr. Feynman?"

--65ImJOski3p8EhYV