If you want python style indents and python this and python that, then pray
tell, why aren't you just using Python? Quit trying to program Ruby like
it's Python and you'll be a lot better off.

Code is plenty short when you learn anonymous functions, Blocks, Procs, and
Lambdas. The more lisp you learn the faster that will become apparent. Ruby
has the strength of some functional programming, and pushing that under the
rug is a tragedy.

That being said it can be extended to do such things but it's completely
unnecessary if not borderline esoteric. Program Ruby like it's Ruby.