Subject: Working through Ch.10 for learning to program 2.0 (Chris Pine)
	Date: dom 28 lug 13 10:26:34 +0900

Quoting JD JD (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> So, I have been working through this book, and have been doing ok up
> until ch. 10.
>
> I'm in the part of the chapter where it asks us to generate our own
> sorting method (once with recurssion and once without).

Just out of curiosity, do you mean this page:

http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?Chapter=10

? Because in this page, the words 'sorting' and 'sorted' can't be
found. I was surprised that a tutorial would ask you to write a
sorting algorithm, without describing the algorith you should use.

Anyway, if you want to learn programming, it is very useful for you to
know intimately at least one sorting algorithm An algorithm that is
certainly not fast, but has the characteristic of being easy to
understand, even visually, is Bubble sort. The Wikipedia page for it
is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_sort

but you can find large amounts of other reference.

Carlo