Yes, I would like something to basically get me over the hump.  The idea
up to this book is that, "this chapter is just a review of everything we
learned up to this point".

However, he doesn't go over algorithms.  I think his idea is that people
should come up with the answer off the basic building blocks that were
taught up to this point (aka, come up with a sort algorithm on your own
instead of being taught sort algorithms).  I guess that may be true,
however it just seems like its too much of a jump in my opinion.

I haven't done the non recursive one either.  I was going to try to do
recursive first, but got so frustrated that I stopped.  Up to this
point, the book was going ok.  Now, it basically is expecting you to
make the "wheel" that is algorithms without teaching the basics of it.

Sorry, just a bit frustrated is all because I really do want to learn
this stuff.