In a program I just wrote to grab several million rows from a PostgreSQL
database and write them to a file, I got this :

./class_pg.rb:162: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-01) [i686-linux]
Aborted

Class_pg is my abstraction class for PG, nothing fancy.. Line 162 is the def
for getrecord, a method of the Query class. This function gets called many
millions of times but I've not had a problem with that before and I've dealt
with larger sets of data and larger PGSQL databases in the recent past with
that same class..

That [BUG] in the error I got was odd - where did that come from?

Is there anything I can do to see what might be causing the segfault? It's
hard to keep running that script over and over since it bring the database
server to it's knees (not hard to do with this server...)

Thanks!!!