Am 23.07.2013 02:22, schrieb Thomas Luedeke:
> I am running a script that runs multiple cases on an engineering code.
> This engineering code is designed to use the a "qsub" (queueing system)
> command.
>
> The problem I get when trying to issue a "qsub run.sh" file (where
> "run.sh" is the UNIX script interfacing the engineering code, Ruby
> always terminates with a "command not found" on the qsub.
>
> I've tried everything I can think of, including explicit pathways to the
> qsub executable and the run.sh input.  I've tried both the system( "qsub
> run.sh" ) and `qsub run.sh` methods of running it.
>
> What is going on?  If I do a UNIX command line "qsub run.sh", it runs
> fine.  If I do exactly the same thing within Ruby as a system command,
> it fails.

Is the path where qsub is located in the search path of the shell
actually used by the Ruby system command? Have a look at:

   system("echo $PATH")

(Different paths compared to your command line might be a login /
non-login / interactive shell issue.)

And how exactly did the command with explicit paths look like?
(It's difficult to locate an error without seeing the used code.)

Regards,
Marcus

--
<https://github.com/stomar/>